SOLD – SOLD – This vehicle has previously sold. Please contact us to find another for you.
CAR: 1953 Buick Sklark
- Buick’s 50 Year Anniversary Edition
- This vehicle ushered in a number of “Firsts” for Buick:
- The V-8 was introduced, replacing a straight-8 which was 13.5” longer & 4” taller
- The 12 volt electrical system
- The ‘twin turbine’ Dynaflow transmission
- Standard Equipment Included:
- Power Steering
- Power Brakes
- Power Seat, Power Windows, Power Aerial, & Power Top all operated by a single hydraulic pump
- Styling Features That Distinguish The Skylark From The Roadmaster Convertible:
- The windshield is 1.5” shorter
- The trade mark port holes are deleted from the front fenders
- The rear quarter panels have a higher line and radius wheel wells
- The trunk lid is higher
- Wire wheels
- “The most coveted Buick ever built.”
- Only 1,690 were produced … they sold for $4,596.
- 2008 Monterey California Auction a record $495,000 was paid for a ’53 Skylark
- This particular vehicle is an un-restored ‘survivor’ from Nevada.
Let us help you find your dream car. Please fill out the form below and let us see what we can find for you.
SC Sold Vehicle Inquiry