SOLD – SOLD – This vehicle has previously sold. Please contact us to find another for you.
CAR: 1953 Buick Sklark
- Buick’s 50 Year Anniversary Edition
- This vehicle ushered in a number of “Firsts” for Buick:
- The V-8 was introduced, replacing a straight-8 which was 13.5” longer & 4” taller
- The 12 volt electrical system
- The ‘twin turbine’ Dynaflow transmission
- Standard Equipment Included:
- Power Steering
- Power Brakes
- Power Seat, Power Windows, Power Aerial, & Power Top all operated by a single hydraulic pump
- Styling Features That Distinguish The Skylark From The Roadmaster Convertible:
- The windshield is 1.5” shorter
- The trade mark port holes are deleted from the front fenders
- The rear quarter panels have a higher line and radius wheel wells
- The trunk lid is higher
- Wire wheels
- “The most coveted Buick ever built.”
- Only 1,690 were produced … they sold for $4,596.
- 2008 Monterey California Auction a record $495,000 was paid for a ’53 Skylark
- This particular vehicle is an un-restored ‘survivor’ from Nevada.
Let us help you find your dream car. Please fill out the form below and let us see what we can find for you.